Friday, February 5, 2010

Regift me. Please!


As we finish the interior of our new home, guests come to see. My sisters visited this week and brought gifts:

i LOVE that these gifts cost them little to nothing. One from my sisters home, the other from a thrift store. That makes them even more meaningful to me. Reduce, reuse, recycle.
I recently read of a challenge to not buy anything new for 1 year. Could you?
When my kids were young, and sometimes still, when we would go to kid parties, my boys would choose something in their rooms that they no longer played with, in good condition, that they would gift to their friends. Some friends would do the same in return. One of our favorite was the gift we received from Will Parrish, his boxing gloves and kick boxing protective wear. The boys had endless fun with these for years, and even to this day, when all their friends gathered to rumble in the front yard and show their stuff. We laughed so hard we cried.
I have received gifts in the past that you just "knew" were regifts. Someone might find that offensive. I appreciate it. It still needs to be appropriate, but when the right person/occasion comes along, it works.